- About Us
- Join Us
Planning for sustainable development is the ‘golden thread’ of Government policy. Sustainability pervades our planning perspective.
Sustainability is all about taking the long view to future and succeeding generations. Ensuring that we secure the future means delivering sustainable places and development now.
Our work ranges across the sustainability agenda from the strategic to project specific.
We provide sustainable inputs to policy, plan and place-making at all levels. We develop robust, commercially and technically feasible sustainability strategies. We advise on planning policy, Zero Carbon, Allowable Solutions, BREEAM and carbon footprinting. We ensure planning applications clearly demonstrate its sustainability credentials.
We work with a range of sustainability metrics and validation measures including carbon and energy budgets, sustainability statements and climate change assessments.
We apply our sustainability expertise with a thorough understanding of the planning process.
- Assessment of sustainability policy in development plans
- Advice on meeting the emerging Zero Carbon policy
- Provision of embodied carbon and carbon balance assessments
- Advice on Allowable Solutions and local authorities’ use of this mechanism
- BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes advice
- Sustainability strategies to support planning applications
- Expert sustainability advice to corporates or estates.
We are Expert Sustainability Advisors to the University of Manchester supporting the delivery of a £1bn estates strategy to 2020, working to embed sustainability at a strategic and project level and reduce absolute carbon emissions by 40% to create a world class sustainable campus.